I owe you a big thank you here.
Yume suggested I swap the controller outputs front to back to see if the problem moved to the other wheel.
I had some things to do over our long weekend here so i finally got around to removing the deck plate yesterday. As soon as i pulled out cable for the rear motor i could see one of the wires just drop away from the yellow terminal box. 2 of the terminals obviously were not tightened correctly at the factory. (Exactly like your picture) I couldn’t even find the nut on the one at first. (it was melted into the top cover) So I cleaned up the charring checked all the other connections while i was in there - The front wheel terminals were tight. I have some liquid electrical tape, so I put a few drops on all the terminal nuts. I didn’t want to use Loctite because to remove ever again would be a chore. What a mess of wires in there though. I work for a local sales office for a German machinery company. If they saw this wiring I’m not sure if they would laugh or cry or both. Honestly i would like to clean it up and label some of them one day.
So today i drove it into work, the motors worked great, unfortunately the rear fender screws and brake light screws, started to fall out one by one, (I tightened these when i first got the scooter already) I keep some rubber bands in my backpack and the the little hex tool as well so I “only” had to stop twice to just make it in to work. I replaced all the factory screws with new ones and with lock washers and better compression nuts, and a little dot of removeable Loctite. Luckily I have all this at work. (What a QC disaster so far) Before I drive back home I’ll go over every bolt again. I’m not trusting the scooter at any high speeds yet.
Thanks for your assistance again.