A lot of people ask “what scooter is best for me”? But it’s hard to answer that question without knowing anything about you or what you need. Here are things to think about when you’re choosing a scooter:
- How much are you willing to spend?
- What will you be using the scooter for? Errands? Commuting? Recreation?
- What kind of terrain/roads will you be riding on? (you already answered this)
- How heavy will the rider be?
- Will you need to lift and carry the scooter? Will you be taking it on public transit? Putting it in your trunk?
- How far do you plan to go on a ride?
- Will you need to ride it in wet conditions?
- How fast do you want to go?
- Have you ridden scooters before or will this be your first time?
- Will you be comfortable working on the scooter yourself (maintenance, tire changes, upgrades) or will you be taking it to a shop to get work done?
When you think about those questions it will help to narrow down your choices. I would suggest that if you live in an area of hills and bad roads, you will want a scooter with some power. One option is the Emove Cruiser. ESG has a review of the Emove Cruiser with more details. It’s a good all around scooter that’s very popular.