I thought this was helpful information that could be applied to all scooters generally, not just Segway…
Dear Segway Owners,
The weather in your place is getting colder, please pay attention to the weather changes to ensure riding safety.
To improve your riding experience, here is the Low Temperature Maintenance Guide for your reference.
Maintenance for Battery Pack
1) When the battery temperature is lower than 41°F (5ºC), the battery output power begins to decrease. DO NOT suddenly accelerate or decelerate. DO NOT drive over speed.
2) DO NOT use or store the vehicle and battery in an environment where the temperature is lower than 14°F (-10°C) or higher than 122°F (50°C).
3）When the ambient temperature is lower than 32°F (0°C) , the following cases may occur: the vehicle cannot be charged, the charging power reduces, or the charging time becomes longer. Please move to warmer environment for further charging.
4) In an environment where the temperature is 14°F (-10°C), the range may only be half or less than that at normal temperature. The battery range will increase after the temperature rises.
5) A fully charged vehicle will use up its stored battery power after being on standby for about 120180 days. It is recommended to fully charge the vehicle at least every 90 days.
Regularly check tire pressure
As the weather gets colder, the tire pressure may drop, which will accelerate tire wear and increase driving resistance. Compared with tires with standard tire pressure, the range will decrease by up to 30%. It will also cause side slip when you are turning, posing a threat to riding safety.
Recommended tire pressure for different models:
Ninebot KickScooter G30 Series: 32-37 psi (2.2-2.5 bar)
Ninebot KickScooter F Series: 40-45 psi (2.7-3.1 bar)
Ninebot self-balancing vehicles: 45-50 psi (3.1-3.4 bar)
Ninebot S-PRO: 40-45 psi (2.7-3.1 bar)
Segway mini PLUS: 35-50 psi (2.4-3.4bar)
Note: If your vehicle is not listed above, please check whether it has solid tires. If it does not, it is suggested that you check the user manual first.
1) In order to keep the vehicle in good condition in winter, please put the vehicle in a cool and dry environment when not in use.