Here are some measurements to put those scooters into perspective:
- Apollo Air/Pro: 40 inches (101.6 cm)
- Segway Max G30: 40.2 inches (102.1 cm)
- Segway Max G30LP: 37.8 inches (96.0 cm)
- Apollo Air/Pro: 19.5 inches (49.5 cm)
- Segway Max G30: 19.8 inches (50.3 cm)
- Segway Max G30LP: 17.3 inches (43.9 cm)
- Apollo Air/Pro: 7.8 inches (19.8 cm)
- Segway Max G30: 6.8 inches (17.3 cm)
- Segway Max G30LP: 6.8 inches (17.3 cm)
Segway Max has slightly taller handlebars/deck width (possibly difference is rounding error), while Air/Air Pro has a bit wider deck.
Ride quality, agility, and looks are the big story with the Air / Air Pro. And its hard to beat legit local service and longer warranty. It’s a bit lighter as well.
The reason to go with the Max G30 is if you really need the range. It’s tempting on paper, but few people find they really need the range (or want to travel that far in a single trip). It’s pre-slimed tires are bomb-proof.
Both solid scooters that excel at their respective designs. I don’t recommend the G30LP (smaller Max) – I think they took away the things that really made the Max shine without adding much benefit by slightly shrinking the size and battery.